Ruck-Pain is a special formulation manufactured by Dr. Willmar Schwabe India to treat the pain in the back. It is a very effective homeopathic medicine for back pain in relieving pain due to disorders of the spine such as cervical spondylitis, lumbar spondylitis, spondyloarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, spondylosis, sciatica, lower back pain or lumbago, stiffness of the neck, etc. The product Ruck-Pain contains well established homeopathic remedies such as Acetanilidum, Arnica Montana, Causticum, Eschscholtzia Californica, Hypericum Perforatum, Lachnanthes Tinctoria, Rhus toxicodendron, Ruta Graveolens, Symphytum Officinale that are known to act effectively on back pain and related problems.
They are some of the best homeopathic medicines which act on the bones and joints and the surrounding connective tissues of the spine. They have analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-spasmodic properties. The ingredients of Ruck-Pain are well indicated and prominent homeopathic remedies that cover most of the complaints related to the region of the back and spine.
Back pain and its causes
As the world leans more towards technology, the changes brought along with it a drastic effect on the human lifestyle such as prolonged sitting, lack of exercise, wrong posture, shift works, peer stress, etc. These changes affect a person’s physical and mental health. Back or spine-related problem is one of them which are on the rise irrespective of the age. The pain in the back can be associated with or without any pathological changes.
Improper posture or sudden movements which cause backache usually goes away with proper rest and exercises but the pains due to pathological changes which include degeneration of vertebrae, overgrowth of bone, herniated or bulging discs need proper medical intervention.
Some of the conditions which cause back pain are:
Bulged or Herniated disks:?It is a very painful condition. The bulging or herniated disks compress on the nerves that emerge from the spinal cord and cause pain in the region innervated by that nerve. Sciatica is one of such conditions where the pain radiates from back to the leg.
Arthritis:?Spinal arthritis is caused by damage or wearing out of the cartilage of the joints in the back. Spinal osteoarthritis sometimes leads to the narrowing of the spinal column. Ruck Pain is a very effective homeopathic medicine for joint pain.
Spondylitis:?Spondylitis refers to inflammation of vertebral bones. This condition can affect any vertebrae of any region such as the neck or the lower back and is called cervical and lumbar spondylitis accordingly. When it affects more than one vertebral joint, the condition is referred to as spondyloarthritis. The main symptoms other than pain are stiffness, soreness, and restriction of movements. Ruck-Pain is one of the best homeopathic medicines for spondylitis.
Ankylosing spondylitis:?It is an autoimmune disorder that primarily affects the spine.
Spondylosis:?It is a degenerative disorder of the spine.
Sciatica:?It is a very painful condition caused by compression of the sciatic nerve due to any injury, herniated disc, or tumors. The pain radiates from the back down to the legs along the distribution of the sciatic nerve.
Osteoporosis:?It is a condition where there is a loss of bone density. It can lead to minute fractures in the backbones. It leads to severe pain and thinning of bones.
Strains and sprains:?Muscle sprains and strains also cause back pain due to prolonged use of a muscle or any tear or overstretching of a muscle or a ligament. The main causes are incorrect posture, sudden movements, sudden lifting of heavy objects and overexertion.
Lower back pain:?Lower backache or lumbago, is a symptom of many medical conditions such as compression of nerves, renal problems, pregnancy or uterine disorders, etc.
Skeletal irregularities:?Many skeletal irregularities such as scoliosis, kyphosis, kyphoscoliosis can cause back pain due to abnormalities in the curvature of the spine.
Injuries or trauma:?Back pain can also be caused by any blow, fall or injury to the muscles and joints of the back.
Back pain symptoms
- Inflammation and pain around the affected area
- Stiffness, soreness and tenderness in the affected parts
- Dull aching sensation in the lower back
- Radiating pains shooting down the leg
- Restriction of movements like standing straight or sitting erect
- Decreased range of movements
- Decreased ability to flex the back
- Sensations such as numbness and tingling in the legs
- Weakness of lower extremities
Risk factors for back pain
- Age: Back pain gets more common as a person gets older due to physical weakness, and hormonal changes.
- Obesity: Excessive body weight can add extra stress to the back.
- Lack of exercise: lack of exercise will weaken the muscles of the back and cause pain.
- Improper lifting: Sudden weight lifting or putting more stress on the back while lifting can lead to back pain.
- Emotional stress: Excessive mental stress, depression and anxiety can increase the back pain.
- Smoking: It affects the blood flow to the spine and slows down the healing process.
- Heavy sports activities without proper stretching or warming up in the beginning.
- If the person is already suffering from bone disorders such as osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, etc.
Prevention and management of back pain
- Regular mild exercises which increase the strength and endurance of the back.
- Walking, aerobics and swimming are some of the best exercises for the back.
- Maintaining a healthy weight, as obesity can also lead to back pains.
- Massage and relaxation techniques can help relieve back pain.
- Alternate hot and cold compress therapy will also help reduce the pain and swelling.
- Do regular exercises to improve posture and strengthen the muscles of the back and abdomen.
- Improving posture and using proper lifting techniques.
- Regular stretching of the muscles to improve blood circulation and flexibility.
- Avoid heavy-weights in day to day life such as briefcases, laptop bags, suitcases which causes unwanted stress and strain to the neck and back.
- Wear comfortable shoes and try to avoid wearing heels as much as possible.
- Avoid sudden movements that can strain your back.
- Maintain a good comfortable posture while sitting and standing. Choose a comfortable chair for sitting with back and arm supports. While standing try not to put more pressure on one foot.
- Salt baths and hot baths provide a soothing effect on aching muscles.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.
Back pain diagnosis
The cause of back pain can be diagnosed by a simple physical test that will track the ability to stand and walk, range of mobility, reflexes, muscle strength, etc. Some of the tests that can be done to identify the underlying medical condition are:
- A complete blood and urine tests
- X-rays of the spine to check for any skeletal abnormalities, herniated disks or any fractures
- Computed tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to check for any connective tissue disorders, disks, muscles, ligaments, nerves, and blood vessels
- A bone scan to check for abnormalities in the density of bone tissue
- Electromyography (EMG) to test nerve conduction
Effect of Ruck-Pain on back pain
Ruck-pain is one of the best homeopathic remedies for all kinds of back pain irrespective of the causative factor. It not only relieves the pain but also treats the other related symptoms such as soreness, tenderness, inflammation, numbness, stiffness and different kinds of sensations such as neuritis with tingling, radiating pains, concussion, etc. It is a one-stop solution for many kinds of spinal problems. It is a wise option in the homeopathic treatment for spondylitis.